All of that prep was worth it because we now have functioning drain tile, protecting our basement from flooding. As underground water levels rise, this system collects it in a sump pit, and then pumps it away from the house. The company I hired was nice enough to lay the finishing concrete on my new floor drain pipes, and did a great job adding swales around each drain.
They also replaced 3 single-pane windows with glass block windows, replaced a leaking casement window, and added a second casement window with a new window well.
The crew excavated the perimeter, recycled the old concrete, installed the system, backfilled it, laid new concrete, and installed two windows and a widow well in just one day! Finally, a contractor that has craftsmanship! I couldn’t be happier with the work.
This stair landing had to be removed for the drain tile project. At some point, the bottom of the stringers were broken or cut. Today, I rebuild the landing and reinforce the broken stringers as best I can.
Amáda and I visit a furniture liquidator and find a bathroom vanity we really like. We also spot a tall kitchen pantry cabinet that would work well in the new bathroom layout. What’s more, we also found a partial load of new floor tile that would work well in the same bathroom. We buy everything, rent a truck, and haul it home. Getting the vanity down into the basement was very difficult.
My plumber roughs in the bathroom plumbing, vents, underground plumbing, and runs water lines into the new stud wall. We already did this once when we were trying to make repairs, but the drain tile project allowed us to rethink the bathroom layout.